Drill #28 – Dangler – Toe Drag Various Distances #2
Set up 4 sections of the Dangler stick handling tool horizontally in front of you. Stand at the end and use the training tool as a hurdle to toe drag around. Once you have completed the toe drag continue movement forward and pass the puck in training tool hole and execute a longer toe drag.
Start by executing a small toe drag and progressively increase the length.
- Rolling action with your top wrist
- Be sure that the puck is in the center of your toe blade before pulling back
- Use a “J” shape motion pattern
- Catch the puck in the middle of your blade at the bottom of the training tool
- Keep your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on your blade
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck